Teens in the Driver Seat® is the nation’s first peer-to-peer safety program for young drivers, involving teenagers directly in developing and delivering driving safety messages. The goal of Teens in the Driver Seat® is to raise awareness of the top driving dangers for teens and prevent crashes involving young drivers. The program empowers teens to spread the word among their peers about deadly driving risks and encourage them to make smart choices while behind the wheel and as passengers. Teens in the Driver Seat® is committed to fighting the number-one killer of teenagers in America, but it can only succeed with the involvement and commitment of young people who are represented by the Teens in the Driver Seat® Teen Advisory Board (TAB).
TAB members are selected for the next year at the end of the previous school year.
The board members:
- Provide insight on how to engage their peers and sustain their interest in Teens in the Driver Seat®
- Assist in organizing program-oriented events and activities
- Provide feedback, ideas and opinions on new program materials, safety messages, promotional items and related elements
- Participate in quarterly meetings
- Serve as ambassadors and leaders for Teens in the Driver Seat®