U in the Driver Seat (UDS) is a peer-to-peer safety program for college students. The goal of UDS is to raise awareness of the top driving dangers for youth and prevent crashes involving college students. The program provides resources, information, and materials to empower young adults to spread the word among their friends about deadly driving risks and encourage them to make smart choices while behind the wheel and as passengers. UDS can only succeed with the involvement and commitment of college students, who are represented by the U in the Driver Seat Collegiate Advisory Board (CAB).
Collegiate Advisory Board (CAB) members are selected every Spring and serve two semester term lengths.
The board members:
- Provide insight on how to engage their peers and sustain their interest in U in the Driver Seat
- Promote U in the Driver Seat contests and special events
- Assist in organizing program-oriented events and activities
- Provide feedback, ideas and opinions on new program materials, safety messages, promotional items and related elements
- Participate in quarterly meetings
- Serve as ambassadors and leaders for U in the Driver Seat