Make a difference in your community by bringing Teens in the Driver Seat® and U in the Driver Seat to your town.
On our mission to save lives we realized it takes grassroots efforts to make change. You can help make your community a healthier and safer place by joining a growing number of people implementing young driver traffic safety awareness and education on junior high, high school, and college campuses. It starts with you!
The Teens in the Driver Seat junior high program is currently available statewide in Texas, Nebraska, and Georgia.
The Teens in the Driver Seat high school program is currently available statewide in Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, California, and Georgia.
The U in the Driver Seat college program is currently available in the state of Texas.
We would love to provide all states across the nation with our lifesaving programs, however due to financial restrictions we can only service the states listed above. If you’d like to partner on bringing the program to your state, please Contact Us.
Steps to Starting the Program
- Find a group of teens/young adults. They will be responsible for spreading the safety messaging by coordinating and holding activities on their campus and in their community. Teams can be existing school groups/organizations, or form a new group!
- Find a sponsor. The sponsor serves as faculty support to mentor and assist the group of students. The sponsor collects and returns safe driving assessments, keep us updated on what your team is doing, and will be our main point of contact.
- Sign-Up and order your FREE educational toolkit (varies by state). Use traffic safety as a social service platform or create community service projects and utilize the materials shipped to you. Find order forms to Teens in the Driver Seat and U in the Driver Seat.
- Spread the Safety Message. Use the activity calendar provided in your toolkit to plan out activities and education events throughout the school year.
- Win Prizes! We hold contests throughout the year to incentivize active participation year round. There is the UDS Cup competition, the TDS All-Star, the Driving the Message Contest, and the Zero Crazy! activity. All have cash rewards for your school! Learn about them on t-driver.com or u-driver.com and pay attention to deadlines.
Regional Representatives will help you get the Teens in the Driver Seat (TDS) and U in the Driver Seat (UDS) initiatives started and keep it running smoothly. Find your regional contact, here.